Saturday 27 December 2014

What's to Come - 2015 Sort-of-Resolutions

Hello one and all! Dear faithful readers, I shall be honest with you right now; much like dear Benjamin, I am not going to be setting up a real post today, but instead I am weaselling out of my blogging duties with a post about what kind of posts you might expect from me in the new year. I am of course simply posting in reference to myself, I have no idea what Ben might have planned for 2015, and I am excited to see what he comes up with.

Films
Computer Generated Goodness.
Despite being a film student, I feel like I slacked a bit on my film watching duties in 2014. I don't know if it's the procrastinator inside me viewing film-watching as a form of work or studying, but I didn't really venture outside of the films I was required to watch for uni. Of course I did watch some, I love films and I wrote about them here, but I think I could have been better. Even the films I did watch, I sometimes opted out of the heavier thinkers for the shittiest film I could find so I'm going to up the ante on my film watching activities. I feel like I'm perhaps selling myself a little bit short here, so have a disclaimer: I love watching films! I did watch some bloody fantastic films in 2014! I want to watch more bloody fantastic films in 2015, and so on and so forth for the rest of my life!

Buzzfeed wrote an article of 24 Movies You Probably Missed This Year so I endeavour to view all of them, thoughts on them pending for Pop Culture Cynic, 2015. Yaknow, after I watch them. Film4 also has a list of 50 Films to See Before You Die. This list features more classic films, so I have seen a fair chunk of them already, but I aim to polish off the rest of the list. I'll probably find some more lists to crawl my way through, but by all means, if you have a film you think oughtta be watched, do let me know! 

Music
I couldn't find a non-cringeworthy representation of music,
so I just rolled with it.
This year I introduced the topic of music blogging to Pop Culture Cynic way back in May, and I really enjoyed it! So I do aim to do more posts about music, however I'll probably need to refine the way I talk about it. I know how to talk about film and television because it's what I do at university every day (the quality of my posts may not indicate that, so I do apologise), but talking about music is still something I need to get better at rather than just saying, "Yes, this is a good song, listen to it!" which is the basis of a lot of my musical themed posts. So do bear with.

Cooking(?!)
The way this person is cutting their pepper is going
to keep me up at night.
Okay, so cookery posts are nothing new here, Ben has been offering up tasty blog posts to keep your hungry bellies filled. Hell, there's even a whole tag dedicated to Food which both myself and Ben's posts feature in! However, the difference is is that Ben shows you how to make a delicious treat, I talk about delicious treats I probably ordered online, because talking to people on the phone makes me wanna kill myself. Especially hairdressers. Hairdressers are at the top of my "speak on the phone and get reduced to a crippling awkward mess and wanna kill myself" list and I have no idea why. Anywho. Moving on. I feel like this gives you kind readers an inaccurate representation of myself, because I actually do cook. Quite a lot. And I think I'm not half bad either. So I definitely want to dip my finger into the cooking post pie.

Books
I feel like there's a pun here and I just can't think of it. 
I used to read so much when I was younger. I would start a new book every other day. I loved reading then and I still do now, but I have slowed considerably in my book reading. So much like my film watching, I wish to regain my ability to read a lot in a year. So once I begin to read more, I'd also like to talk about those books, but much like my music reviewing skills, that'll be something that takes refining. So do persevere, I feel like I could have some good stuff to say about books. 

So those are the three main things you may expect from me in 2015, but the biggest thing that I'll be working on is the overall quality of my posts. I know things got a little rough towards the end of the year - balancing university, a part time job and trying to write posts for here got pretty tough, and it was The Pop Culture Cynic that suffered. I'm doing one less module next semester than I was in the first semester, so hopefully I won't be quite as horrifically busy and actually be able to spend time working on stuff that you guys are going to enjoy.

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and I wish you all the best for 2015! See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment